Move On Employability Pathway
The Move On Employability Pathway (MOEP) programme is an eight week employability course supported by the City of Edinburgh Council. The course is for young people in Edinburgh interested in gaining skills and practical experience to overcome barriers to employment.
The course is split between the Move On Edinburgh office and our wood workshop. Support with travel expenses is available.
The course offers:
Following completion of the course, young people will have the opportunity to progress with support to external opportunities or into one of Move On’s follow-on opportunities, including:
- Mentoring: meeting regularly with a trained volunteer mentor to work towards achieving personal goals. Both parties are supported throughout by a member of the Move On staff team
- Building Brighter Futures: an eight week employability programme. Provides the opportunity to gain work experience, skills and important workplace qualifications in a wood workshop
- Employability Fund Stage 4: a four week employability programme. Supports participants to gain a basic knowledge of carpentry skills and woodworking
- Continued volunteering at Move On Wood Recycling
- Participation in our Young People’s Forum, providing feedback from young people to shape our services
- Community Jobs Scotland and Kickstart jobs based at Move On Wood Recycling
The Move On Employability Pathway course is suitable for young people who are;
- 16-19 years old and have left full-time education (or are expected to within the next six months), lacking qualifications or positive destinations
- Aged up to 26 and facing multiple barriers such as:
- From employment-deprived areas of Edinburgh
- Disability (including impairment or long-term health condition)
- Ethnic minority groups
- Person with a conviction (including CPOs)
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Living in a jobless household
- Affected by mental health issues
For more information, or to refer a young person, please contact Marianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.